Tribby3d offers a free and open Tributary Area Calculator which can be used to calculate column loads. It is completely web based, meaning you don’t need to download any software to your computer. Simply click the link below to go to the free tool:
How to use the Free Tributary Area Calculator
To best get an understanding of how to use the tool, please check out this 7 minute long youtube tutorial, where the developer of Tribby3d walks you through the process:
Follow these steps:
- First, click on the cog icon down at the left corner and go to the “Units” tab. Select which unit system you would like to use: either imperial or metric.
- Secondly, click on the Add Floor button to draw a floor.
- Third, Click on the Add Opening button to add an opening to the floor.
- Click on the Draw Column button to add columns.
- Finally, click on the Compute Tribs button to calculate the tributary areas.
- Use the checkboxes in the Label tab to the right to display the analysis results in the viewport.
Limitations of the Free Tributary Area Calculator
Since the free tool is a reduced version of the pro tool there are some limitations. However, with a Pro account you get access to a range of extra features:
- Unlimited number of columns (instead of 10)
- The ability to model Walls
- The ability to add Area Loads
- Importing DXF files to Tribby3d
- Multistory modeling and load takedown.
- A lot more..
Pro & Trial Accounts
If you want to test the full version of the calculator, please create an account: https://app.tribby3d.com/account/register
Visit the Create an account help guide if you need additional information. You are free to test Tribby3d as much as you want during a 2 weeks period. After that, the account will expire and turn into a free account with limited features.
To learn more about Tribby3d’s prices and subscription model, please visit the pricing page.